Sunday, April 1, 2012

Reborn baby Easter gifts.

Easter is just around the corner and I have most of my Easter shopping done for my family and close friends, but I still need to get things ready for my reborns Easter!
I assume you would like to do something for your reborn babies too, so here aresome ideas that I have come up with.

1. Chocolate milk. so I looked on youtube and couldn't fin anything much on fake chocolate milk for reborns, so I came up with two different methods myself. 

Method one.

You will need:
A sealed baby bottle.
White fabric softener.
Brown acrylic paint.

So just pour your white fabric softener into the bottle, then add a few drops of the acrylic paint. Put the bottle lid back on and shake. Shake, shak-adie, shake, shake, shake. Have a look at it, if it's anything like mine turned out there are little brown "chips" floating around. You can not get rid of it, and at first I didn't like this, but aftre a while I got used to it and thought that the brown "chips" looked like little chocolate chips in the milk. But if you want it to look smooth, go onto the next method.

Method two.

You will need:
A sealed baby bottle.
white fabric softener.
A stick of brown chalk pastels.
A craft knife or some sand paper. (If your young get your parents help with the craft knife please, I don't want to hear of any accidents so close to Easter!)

Pour the fabric softener into the sealed bottle and then shave some of the brown chalk pastel stick with the craft knife or sand paper into the bottle with the fabric softener. Put th lid back on and shake it up. All done, this should look a heap smoother then the other one. Please note that both of the methods seperate when left still for a period of time, so when you want to use then, just give them a quick shake.

2. Chocolate custard. You can get this is real baby food, but I wanted to make a fake one so it lasts a lot longer and dosn't go horrible after a while.
I only just made this, so i don't know if this seperate's after a while, but if it does just stir it with a spoon.


You will need:
Plastic container with lid or a plastic bowl.
A spoon.
sun lotion.
Brown acrylic paint.

Pour some sun lotion into the bowl or container then add some brown paint and give it a stir with the spoon, add more brown paint if it needs to be darker. This didn't turn out very thick so I guess if you wanted it thicker you could add some baby powder to it.


You could always make a tab blanket (You know, the little blankets with ribbon tabs around the whole border.) with an easter or rabbit pettern on the fabric. or if you can't get anything easter-y fabric wise make the tabby blanket and cut out a rabbit shape from felt and sew it to one corner of the blanket.

If you know how to knit you could try to find a patern for chickens or rabbits or something and knit it, my nan knitted me a Peter rabbit bunny quite a while ago and I LOVE it so i'm thinking of giving it to my reborns and having it in their little area of my bedroom.
Or if knitting isn't your thing maybe sewing is, try to find a sewing pattern for something Easter-y and sew it!

Or if your not crafty at all or your a busy person, or you just can't be bothered with making thinks, you could always go to the shops and but Easter toys, clothes and blankets for your reborns. I can't really do that because there is nowhere that sells baby clothes or blankets where I live and i'm not going anywhere where I can buy baby things until after Easter, so I have to make do with what I have at home.

Well thats all I have for now, but I might think of other things for your reborns before the weekend, so if I do I will be sure to write about it!
OH! By the way, I got my second reborn two days ago!! She is beautiful, and HUGE! She is a 24 inch baby, but the artist counts the bend in the legs, so really if she had straight legs she would be 25 1\2-26 inches! With my other reborn, Aidan, the artist said that he was going to be 21 Inches, so i thought thats how tall he'd be, but that how tall he would be with straight legs, so really he is about 19 inches tall, so I was quite surprised when I opened the box with this HUGE baby in it. she is very fat too! so all the clothes I had for her don't really fit, I thought that she would be a 000, but it's a tight fit in even 00, so she will be a size 0 in most clothes!! I will try to post picture of her soon!

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment